Wednesday 7 September 2016

DIY Decorated Pegs and Binder Clips

Decorated peg and binder clips DIY craft tutorial by Hazel Fisher CreationsAfter decorating my pencils, I thought I would continue with the pretty stationery theme and decorate some pegs and binder clips too!  I use these all the time - to hang things on the line above my desk, organise papers and keep hold of notes.

For this project I used the following materials:
wooden clothes pegs
binder clips
washi tape
small pieces of scrapbooking papers
Mod Podge (matte)
craft knife and ruler


Decorated peg and binder clips DIY craft tutorial by Hazel Fisher CreationsA really quick way to decorate the wooden pegs is to use washi tape.  The tape is slightly wider than the pegs though and I found that it didn't stick so well down the sides of the pegs. You could either trim away the excess tape with a craft knife or use a little Mod Podge (or pva glue) to help it stick (which is what I did).

My favourite way to decorate wooden pegs though is with patterned scrapbooking paper as I think this gives a neater finish...
First measure the width of your peg and cut a strip of paper to size with a craft knife and ruler.
Next, measure and cut two pieces from your strip - for the top and bottom sections of the peg either side of the wire.
Glue these to your peg with Mod Podge and brush on a top coat of Mod Podge to seal.
Once this is dry you can repeat for the other side of the peg.
Decorated peg and binder clips DIY craft tutorial by Hazel Fisher Creations
For the binder clips I just cut pieces of washi tape to cover the backs of the clips...

Decorated peg and binder clips DIY craft tutorial by Hazel Fisher Creations
I hope that you enjoyed this project and have been inspired to decorate your own stationery!  I would love to see what you make - use #myhfcmakes when you share photos of your projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment