Monday 5 October 2015

Spoonflower Contest - Cephalopods

Cephalopod Octopus Spoonflower design hazelfishercreationsThe theme for this week's Spoonflower contest is Cephalopods.  I wanted to keep my design fairly simple and chose to focus on one animal; the octopus.  I thought that their long flowing arms really lent themselves to creating a decorative design filled with swirling patterns.  I drew just one version of the octopus and flipped it to create the pattern, then added in hand drawn swirls to fill in the gaps.  I got carried away playing with colours for this design, before choosing the version above to enter into the contest.  I love trying out different colour combinations with designs, there are so many options though it can be hard to know when to stop!  I was really happy with how the design turned out, so I plan to add it to my shop what ever happens with the results for the contest.  I think I will send for samples in a couple of different colourways, I just need to make a decision on which ones!  Here are 4 more versions - which ones are your favourites and you think I should add to my Spoonflower shop?

Cephalopod Octopus Spoonflower design alternative colours hazelfishercreations

If you would like to see the other entries to Spoonflower's Cephalopods contest (and vote for your favourites!) visit this page here: http://www.spoonflower.com/contest_voters_temp/new?contest_id=325

No comments:

Post a Comment