Friday 11 March 2016

Penny Slider Butterfly Birthday Card

Penny Slider Butterfly Birthday Card hazelfishercreations
It was my sister's birthday recently, which provided me with a good excuse to try out a new paper crafting technique on her birthday card!  Inspired by this penny slider card on PaperCraft Inspirations website, I decided to try making one for myself.  I had never made a penny slider card before, but it's quite straightforward to make one and they are really effective and fun too.  I will definitely be trying out this technique again!

For my card I used:
a white card blank
scrapbooking papers from DCWV's Citrus stack
the butterflies are my own designs, taken from my Butterflies Digital Papers set
lime green 3mm wide satin ribbon
rub-on happy birthday message

As this card involves moving parts I thought it was also the perfect opportunity to try making a (very) quick little video.  One of my goals/ dreams is to make craft videos to share on Youtube.  So this is me taking the first step in learning how to do this!  Have you made videos for Youtube? Any tips are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment