Monday 19 October 2015

Spoonflower Contest - Microorganisms

Microorganisms Spoonflower design hazelfishercreations Spoonflower are always coming up with unusual themes for their weekly contests - like this week's Microorganisms theme.  Researching and drawing viruses, bacteria and amoeba took me right back to Biology lessons at school!
The contest called for a small scale design (previewed as an 8x8 inch swatch) and I decided to create the pattern using simple line drawings with silhouette shapes of the mircoorganisms. I quite like the result and could imagine it being used to make purses, bags and accessories for biologists and science lovers.  I kind of like the idea of using the fabric to make a dress too, although I'm not sure I would be bold enough to actually wear something covered in viruses and bacteria!  Would you wear it - or make something different with it?
I sent off for a swatch of this design when Spoonflower had a free shipping day last week, so it will be interesting to see what it looks like printed.

You can see all the other entries to the Microorganisms contest (and vote for your favourites) here...
http://www.spoonflower.com/contest_voters_temp/new?contest_id=327

PS. Thank you if you voted for my Octopus design in the Cephalopods contest!  It came 38th (with 243 votes) out of 333 entries.  You can see the winning design on Spoonflower's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment