Friday 30 October 2015

7 Things to Make this Halloween

Today I thought I would share a round-up post of some ideas you can make for Halloween this weekend.  The recipes and craft projects are all quite easy to do, I've included some ideas using printables - which are great for last minute decorations or games as you can print them at home!  I would love to hear if you have any quick and easy Halloween diy projects - please let me know what you're making in the comments below!

7 Things to Make For Halloween hazelfishercreations

Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes
If you have been carving pumpkins and are looking for pumpkin recipes to try, these cakes are a delicious idea!  You can find the recipe here.

Halloween Cookies with spider web icing
I shared the recipe for these on Wednesday - I also included a tutorial on how to make a spider web pattern in icing.

Halloween Treat Bags
These Halloween bags are easy to make and great for filling with sweets and treats! I shared a tutorial on how to make them last year.  You could make them with coloured paper, or you could print Halloween themed patterned paper from my shop.

Carved Oranges
If carving a pumpkin sounds like too much hard work, how about oranges instead?  I tried these a few years ago - you can find instructions on how to make them, with a jelly filling, here.  When you've eaten the jelly you could put a little tea light inside the orange too.

Spider Web Games
I love the idea of playing Pin the Spider on the Web which Kristen shared on her blog; Ella Claire Inspired.  If I had children I would definitely want to make this up for them to play!  You could either draw your own spider and spider web, or print the free printables which Kristen shares.
Alternatively, how about making a spider web shape with washi tape on your floor and throwing bean bag 'spiders' at the web - scoring higher the closer to the centre the 'spider' lands.

Halloween Bunting
I made some late additions to my Halloween party printables collection, but they're available as instant download so you can print and make them up as soon as your payment has cleared.  To make the 'Happy Halloween' banner, all you will need is a computer, printer, paper or card and some ribbon to string up the flags!

Spooky Halloween Food Labels
I added some printable Halloween themed name place cards to my Etsy shop too, which you could also use as food labels at your Halloween party.  How about coming up with fun, spooky names for your food, such as Spooky Sausages, Creepy Cookies or Witches Fingers!


If you're looking for more inspiration, check out my Halloween board on Pinterest, where I've been pinning fun Halloween food ideas, diy decorations and more...

Follow Hazel's board Halloween on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment