Wednesday 1 April 2015

Spoonflower Contest – Southwest Baby Bedding

Last week’s winner of Spoonflower’s Beagle contest was such a cute design!  It had beagle dogs along with bright flowers and cats - you can see it along with the other top ten designs hereMy entry came 40th (out of 200) with 154 votes – thank you to everyone who voted for it!

For this week’s contest, Spoonflower teamed up with Carousel Designs and the challenge was to create a Southwest Baby Bedding Design.  The winning design will be used in a new range of nursery decor by Carousel Designs – it would be so exciting to win that!  All of the top ten designs will also get a pillow made up with their design.
2015 March 30 Spoonflower southwest baby bedding contest surface pattern design fabric arrow feather hazel fisher creations 1I wasn’t sure what a Southwest theme meant, but Spoonflower had put together a helpful Pinterest board which was a good starting point for me.  I did a bit more research to help me choose a colour palette for my design and give me inspiration for some patterns to use which I combined with pen and watercolour drawings of feathers and arrows.  I used watercolour textures when I made the geometric patterns too.  It isn't so easy to see the textures on the small screen image of my design, but I’m interested to see what it looks like printed on fabric.
2015 March 30 Spoonflower southwest baby bedding contest surface pattern design fabric arrow feather hazel fisher creations 2See all of the entries to the contest, and vote for your favourites, here: http://www.spoonflower.com/contest_voters_temp/new?contest_id=296

No comments:

Post a Comment