Friday 3 April 2015

March Review

I have noticed a few of the blogs I read doing reviews looking back at their week, month or year and I thought it would be an interesting thing to try myself.  So I decided to take a look back over the last month – reminding myself about some of the things I did in March and sharing bits which I haven’t blogged about already…

New designs / illustrations...
I was quite productive with new designs and illustrations in March, although I still can’t share the Christmas ones I worked on and submitted to Phoenix Trading.  You’ll have to wait until I know if they are interested in publishing any of them!  My Horses card design was released at the start of the month though.

In March I created 3 new designs which I entered into Spoonflower contests; Coral, Mint, Black and White, Beagles and Southwest Baby Bedding.

I finished changing over all my non-customised digital items to Instant Download.  It was quite a time consuming process changing over all the old listings, but should save me time in the long run.  I designed some new printables to add to the Easter range in my shop; some ‘Happy Easter’ bunting, Easter egg digi stamps and a set of pastel bunnies scrapbooking papers.  They’re all available as instant downloads, so there’s still time to use them this Easter weekend as they can be downloaded within minutes of buying!

April 3 march review Easter printables hfcSupplies pastel bunnies hazelfishercreations
Sewing...
I ordered a print of my Dragon Cut and Sew Plushie design on Silky Faille fabric from Spoonflower and tested out the design to check it all worked ok.  It did!  So I was able to make it available to buy from my Spoonflower shop.  I’ll be sharing more photos of that soon, with the instructions on how to make it.

April 3 march review dragon cut and sew plushie spoonflower hazelfishercreations
I also stitched 2 projects which came with the Mollie Makes magazine I buy – a needlebook and bear embroidery.  I didn’t like the colour of the yellow felt which came in the kit to make the needle book so decided to use some of my own felt instead.  I loved making the little hexies though and trying English Paper Piecing for the first time.

April 3 march review Mollie Makes needlecase sewing hazelfishercreations
April 3 march review Mollie Makes bear embroidery hazelfishercreationsAnother sewing project I am part way through is sewing a dress in jersey fabric – my first attempt at sewing stretch fabric!  I’ll share some pictures from that once I've done a bit more.

Baking...
I baked some cheese muffins with my sister using this recipe which I blogged about back in 2013.

Garden...
Spring arrived and it’s lovely to see the blossom and flowers appearing.  I wish I could somehow bottle the scent from this tree covered in blossom as it is going all too fast.
 April 3 march review spring blossom photography hazelfishercreationsI started planning what to grow this year, so far we have sown herbs, tomatoes, peppers and aubergine seeds.  I had a herb growing kit for Christmas, but waited until last month to sow the seeds – the basil and chives have come up and I’m hoping the others will start growing soon.
 April 3 march review tomato seedling garden photography hazelfishercreations
April 3 march review herbs seedling garden photography hazelfishercreations
Other things…
On Pinterest I have been pinning ideas to my Easter board – including lots of lovely baking ideas, although I probably shouldn't try making them as I have been trying to be healthier after watching a documentary on how much sugar is in our food!

Follow Hazel's Easter board on Pinterest.

I’ve been looking for a new phone but there is so much choice, I can’t decide which is the best to get.  My first and only mobile is getting on for being nearly 10 years old and the battery doesn’t last so long now so I thought it might be time for a new one!  My mp3 player also died so I would like a phone to listen to music on too but I don’t use my mobile a lot so don’t want to spend too much.  I’ve been trying to narrow down my choices by looking at budget smartphone reviews – the Microsoft Lumia 435 looks like a possibility but I’m not sure.  Do you have any suggestions?

I mentioned at the top of this post about reading other people’s blogs – I like using Bloglovin’ to keep up with new posts from my favourite bloggers and still use the reading list in Blogger too.  How do you like to keep up with your favourite blogs?
These are some of the blogs I have been reading recently:
Wonder Forest
Messyla - a lifestyle blog by La.
A Beautiful Mess
Scientific Culture

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment