Monday 17 June 2013

Cheesy Muffin recipe

june 17 cheesy muffins 1bI've got a bit behind with my blog again and have a list of things to write about!  Today I thought I would show you these muffins I baked a couple of weeks ago.  It was the first time I tried this recipe and they were delicious (cheese being one of my favourite foods, it wasn't a surprise that I liked them!).

june 17 cheesy muffins 3I adapted a recipe from a book – this is what I made…

To make the muffins you will need:
6 tbsp sunflower oil
10oz / 280g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt and pepper
2 eggs
5 fl oz / 150 ml natural yogurt
5 1/2 oz / 150ml grated cheese (I used cheddar and red leicester but you could use anything you like)
fresh chives, chopped

Heat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6
Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and pepper into a large bowl.
In a second bowl, beat the eggs, then beat in the yogurt, oil, chives and cheese until smooth.  Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients.  Stir until just combined, don’t over mix (it was quite a sticky, lumpy dough).  Spoon into a 12 hole muffin tin (I used silicon cases).
Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen, golden brown and firm.

june 17 cheesy muffins 2

No comments:

Post a Comment